1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, I heard about what happened. HHH will retaliate, you can be damn sure of that.

The era of the Legend Killer. Let's just hope he gets a custom belt to replace that horror of his.

2. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, they finally aired Unforgiven here. I had it a bit spoiled, but still it was about ok. I'm starting to get annoyed at the predictable match twists, though - and yeah, they would have still been predictable even if I hadn't known the results. For some reason I can't really find any of the matches entertaining, even considering that this is "pro" wrestling.

Oh yeah, and about Khali? Just mention him if he actually wins a big match. Which, in all probability, would mean that some of the real stars is taking a break.

[ October 08, 2007, 12:47: Message edited by: The Shaman ]

3. Disciple of The Watch

They just aired UNFORGIVEN?!? Bloody hell!

And dude, this isn't pro wrestling - it's sports entertainment.

But yeah, I too am sick of the previsible outcomes. I'm also sick and tired of getting the same recycled crap every week - like "divas" action, for example - The Playboy s***, the overtly cheerful and annoying idiot on Ritalin and the dumbass brainless b**** taking on the Glamazon, Jillian & Melina. Oh wow. Never saw THAT one coming. :rolleyes:

Or when it's not predictible, it's plainly STUPID - like JOBBING Kendrick and London to those MORONIC jobbers called the HIGHLANDERS. Or Kennedy eating YET ANOTHER defeat. Or HHH vs Orton & Umaga.

Snitsky trashing Val Venis probably was the best highlight of the evening.

And finally... am I the only one who's fed up of BOTH the #+!)(@+)&%+() "diva" search and the #+_!@$&*(@#^%+()@#^+()%^+!@#()^ promotion for THE CONDEMNED? I wanted to see the film. I really did. It was pushed so much that I just feel like pissing on it now. And as for the search for the next "diva" (read: s***)... I just don't give a f***! If I want to see half-naked s**** prancing around, I'LL GET THE DAMN PLAYBOY CHANNEL!

And as for the Plan B... well, he NEARLY won back the WHC. Thankfully, he didn't.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Condemned isn't a bad movie. I bought it to watch while my folks were gone, and I like it. Not a masterpiece, but a good, violent brawl.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

It's one cable channel here. They show everything from WWE but appr. 2-3 weeks late. On the upside, they include most PPVs, so I'm not complaing that much. And btw, I know that "pro" wrestling is not actual wrestling. I consider it a form of soap opera for guys, but it's one of the better programs one can get with basic cable after midnight ;)

6. Gnarfflinger

HBK returned, kicked Ornton in the face and posed for a bit.

Sounds like they're setting up HBK vs Ornton, and HHH vs Umaga. And Raw is the "A" brand?

7. Disciple of The Watch

HBK returning smells like the reformation of DX.

BFG results:

- Sting is the new WCH. Rematch against Angle probably next Thursday.

- Black Moronic retained. F*** you, TNA.

- Styles & Tomko are the new WTTC.

- LAX are #1 contenders for the said WTTC.

- Kim won the Woman's Championship. Whatever.

- Eric Young gets a shot at the WHC. You're stupider than I thought, TNA.

- Abyss won the Monster's Ball. TNA... if one more babyface wins, I'm done with you.

- The fat pig Samoa Joe ended Cage's streak. That's it, I'm done with TNA.

To sum it up, BFG was a lot of hype for nothing.

8. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i dont understand your dislike for babyfaces DotW.
    you're supposed to pull for the goodguys

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I can understand him to a degree - I tend to like the good guys when I see them as such, but apparenly me and WWE scriptwriters have very different ideas of what that means. A lot of "faces" are annoying as heck or presented in a completely ridiculous manner. I just can't bring myself to like John Cena. I got completely against him when because for a while, he was billed as "controversial." Khaki pants, all that stuff about integrity and respect, and controversial? Riight.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Okay, let's clafiry some things here: I don't dislike every single babyface wrestler out there, proof is I'm a DX fan. Jeff Hardy is also entertaining to watch with all those crazy aerials moves, and even better when the Hardy Boyz are together. Stone Cold was a face - but his pissing off McMahon was more hilarious than an attempt to "right the wrongs", so to speak.

The Rock? He got on my nerves from day one. Abyss? He was a good heel, but now he's aligned with Sting and he SPEAKS. Congratulations, TNA, you have destroyed his persona. And while we're about Sting... this guy really needs a heel turn. Hell, whenever I see Sting wrestling, I feel like I'm back in WCW Nitro.

Cena - I was so freaking psyched out when he lost his title me and my fellow wrestling fan threw a party to celebrate the fact that we wouldn't have to suffer this idiot anymore for a half a year.

To sum it up... I'm supposed to pull for the nice guys? To quote the future of WWE: Nice guys finish last.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Gnarff... you're gonna love this. TNA is preparing Kevin Trash's return to the ring.

That's right... the geriatric has-been is back for more!

12. Gnarfflinger

Yeah, I saw that. I don't like the way they use Angle, Kevin Trash should be working with Lance Hoyt and maybe a couple other big guys. Sting should be on a farewell tour.

Another joke: Disco Inferno made a return to action. They aren't pushing him though, his opponent was Abyss...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Wait, Gnarff, it gets better - TNA wants to bring Hall in and potentially reform the Outsiders or the Kliq.

And TNA appearantly is in talks with like 10 former WWE stars - come on, TNA, you've already got a lot of talent sitting in the back, twiddling their thumbs - use them instead of bringing in more WWE rejects!

You know... a couple of years ago, some said that TNA would suffer the same fate then WCW did. The more I watch TNA take stupid decisions... the more I believe this indeed could be the omen of TNA's future.

As for Disco Inferno... who the hell is this moron anyway?

And as for Sting, he was thinking about retiring, and appearantly was in discussions with Jarrett/Carter. Sting loses the WHC next week to Angle, so Sting's end could be near. Good riddance, I say.

14. Gnarfflinger

RVD and Sabu would fit well, and Jericho wouldn't be out of place, but I think they'll find out why those guys are former WWE guys...

15. Disciple of The Watch

Y2J is heading back to WWE. Did you saw the computing-related promo reading "SAVE US" and "2ND COMING"? Didn't took me long to figure out it was Y2J. He's supposed to make his re-debut at Cyber Sunday.

RVD reportedly talked with TNA, not sure if it went anywhere.

Sabu, well... he's expected back in TNA, not sure about the timeline. He'd definitively bring hardcore back to TNA, unless the idiot are still so bullheaded about the switch to storylines versus good old fashioned wrestling.

Oh yeah... Carter wants to bring back the Monday Night wars.

16. Gnarfflinger

Good! Vince need competition to push him or else his product will stagnate and all we can do is complain about it on message boards...

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Good thing this hasn't happened, right :p ?

18. Gnarfflinger

Yeah, considering that TNA would have messed up a Monday night war...

19. Disciple of The Watch

TNA is not ready for Monday night wars. Even after five years, they're still a fledgling promotion.

They recently got their two hour timeslot, and they've just begun touring, two things that will definitively earn them more renown.

But it's not just a matter of timing - it's also a matter of playing their cards right. TNA has the X-Division, which REALLY sets them apart from the others. While I doubt the X-Division can carry the company by itself, it's definitively a wildcard in their favor - X-Division means Ultimate X, one of the most awesome matches I can think of.

The switch to storyline-based shows instead of professional wrestling is also something that needs to be fixed - read Vince Russo should be fired. There's a clash for power running in TNA between Angle and Jarrett regarding the booking - IIRC, Angle wants Russo to have more booking power (just imagine how catastrophic that would be), while Jarrett isn't too keen about that.

So, so sum it up... before TNA even considers resurrecting the Monday Night wars, they need to fix some things:

1- The X-Division needs to be showcased. This has been promised time and time, and we have yet to see this promise fulfilled.

2- Nuke the switch to storylines.

3- Nuke the woman's division. (Stupid idea from day one)

4- DON'T bring Kevin Trash back in the ring!

5- Kurt Angle - Nuke this idiot.

6- Give the belt back to a DESERVING champ like Styles, Cage, Roode or Storm

7- A HARDCORE division for Raven, Black Reign and the likes would mean less talent twiddling their thumbs in the back and/or jobbing, plus the added boon of more violent, bloody matches.

8- X-Division Tag Team titles NEED to be created! For f***'s sake, there are MANY excellent Tag Teams like the Murder City Machineguns that are more than worthy of beign Tag Champs, but everytime I see the Guns in a possible title opportunity, they lose - like when they lost against Tomko and Styles in the #1 Contender's gauntlet. Don't get me wrong, I like Styles and Tomko - but the Guns deserve their championship run.

Fix your stuff before going out on the offensive against the WWE, TNA, or be doomed to suffer the same fate than WCW did.

20. Gnarfflinger

1: If they don't, but try to compete with Vince, he will have an "X division" that might resurrect ECW...

2: Agreed. It's TNA, not TNBS...

3: I haven't seen much of it. I'll reserve judgement on that one.

4&5: Fire them both.

6: These guys need to take their rightful place from guys like Angle and Sting (and Trash if they do bring him back). Jarrett is not left out of this either, but I understand him wanting time off after losing his wife...

7: HELL YEAH! Raven, Rhyno, Black Reign, Abyss, as well as a possible return of Monty Brown, Sabu and Judas Mesias. Who knows who else would step up under those circumstances (Maybe some more former ECW guys until TNA develops the division).

8: Do they really have the depth? I see Lethal and Dutt, Triple X and the MMG, but who else do they have?

Russo does need to go. TNA is not the right place for him. Ironically, Russo would fit in WWE, while Heyman and Bischoff would fit better with TNA...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.