1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Had a lovely day to day. Had a lie in, took Ashley to nursey, picked up the mother-in-law, went for a nice lunch with her, Rob and my sister-in-law then a few drinks, picked up Ashley and ended up having a barbeque. Sat chilling and watching Fringe now

2. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I had a mediocre day myself. Saw my other half for all of about 1 minute and worked, then came home for a few beers and general doing of nothing. Also finally saw Chronicles of Riddick, which didn't suck nearly as much as I expected it to.

3. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I'm sitting here, bored off my backside, and wishing I was writing for one of those gamer websites so I could post a review of the newest download content for Dragon Age. The writing bug, while always biting me, has been ferocious lately and since writer's block has hit as far as a story I'm trying to put together is concerned, I'd at least like to be able to do something and reviews would at least be that something lol. I'm also being bombarded by text messages by a girl who has decided I'm now her new best friend, never quite understanding that I might be busy when she's texting me (good lord she wouldn't leave me alone during finals week!), and now, oh lucky me, she's going to be working in the college library with me! :bang:

4. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Flat tyre on the way to work this morning. My wallet is still recovering.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Poison her!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Hint, hint...

7. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I might have to scribble up a Heavy Rain review.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was pleasanly surprised to find that, contrary to my expectations, it is possible to role-play a game of tiddlywinks.

9. Silvery

Media:
    My Auntie Mike is an idiot

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm getting migraine ... meh.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Ragusa,
    When you get a migraine, do you get this 'visual experience'? I head Oliver Sacks say thay he (or one of patients) says a circle 'being filled', do you get the same thing?

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    As visual experience I see sparks, and sometimes something like prisms that appear to break light; then direct light hurts in my eyes. And then there's that wandering headache, starting behind the eyes, eventually wandering to the side of my skull. Lasts for about two days, with the visuals disappearing after day one and migraine hangover the second day.

Only solution is to take painkillers and wait it out, preferably sleeping. I can function working then, but I'd rather avoid that. It's very exhausting, and migraine puts me in a foul mood.

I made the observation that the root cause is typically lack of sleep over a couple of days, in particular in combination with alcohol consumption.

13. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    That's what I call a hangover. Sill, since it lasts two days it's definitely not a hangover.

14. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Well technically, a hangover is dehydration. Maybe there's a connection with Ragusa's migraine. Did you drink a lot of water during those few days?

15. Caradhras

Media:
    Judging by Ragusa's thread about different beer brands I would surmise that there wasn't much water involved recently.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wait....WTF? :skeptic:

You have an aunt named Mike? Is this "Mike" one of those confused persons who thinks that switching genders is a good idea? :hmm:

17. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    My luck today is just out the window. I wake up this morning with grand ideas of news to post, just to find out that my internet is down. Finally get internet back and learn that one item is already posted and another is no longer accessible due to malicious code found on the gamer's website.

On top of that, yesterday, my dad decided (without asking me first) to just up and give my bike to the neighbors to sell as part of their yard sale. His reasoning was, due to the fact that since I hadn't ridden it in a few years, it should just go. I've either been too sick to ride it, or I was living in an apartment with no storage room for the bike so it stayed at my parent's house. Now that I'm feeling well enough to get back in the saddle, so to speak, he gets rid of it. I so hope tomorrow ends up starting off much better than today.

On a high note, was told that my review for the newest Dragon Age DLC was great and if I can get a hold of some screenshots, it would be something that could be posted on the site. That works!

P.S. Kit - Mike could be a nickname for Michelle?

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I certainly hope not. That's a terrible nickname for Michelle. I've heard of 'Meesh' and 'Shell' as nicknames for Michelle...but never 'Mike'. :nuts:

Silv - the public demand answers! :p

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    *Belgian pervert-voice*
    During the day he is known as Mike and works as an accountant for a large insurance company, but at night he is a woman and calls himself Michelle :aaa:

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Sounds like a movie I've seen a few years back. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.