1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    T2, I love your sig.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    It depends on the actual volume you drink and other factors (diet, physical activity).

Chicks don't like beer abs on a fellow.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What women like and don't like, what they find acceptable and unacceptable, and various trade-off they are willing to make is a very long subject. A subject that has filled libraries.

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Also, once you think you've got it figured out, you should switch it 180 degrees for the next girl, because she'll think differently and you will be an idiot and an insenstive SOB for not anticipating that and not being understanding and not catering to her needs. :p

(And to be fair, you probably were stupid for assuming she would be the same, or for thinking there was some paradigm for figuring out all women, as if they were mass-produced at a factory.) ;)

6. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Three power cuts in five hours. An electrical substation is experiencing problems apparently - or making an alignment shift to CN.

This poor PC really doesn't need any more help to melt down.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I was feeling rather negative a little while ago. A bit annoyed at some people totally unrelated to SP. Thinking to myself "I am sick and tired of a world that can't laugh at itself. People who cannot see the humor (humour) in a rediculous and even embarrassing situation. People who think it is the end of the world if you make a mistake, do something silly."

Now today is not a good eye day so that may have influenced my outlook on things. Wanting a bit of randomness in my life I trotted over here. :)

Glad I did. Sometimes some very serious things get posted here but mostly it proves me wrong. There are still people who can laugh at themselves and the world. Laugh and tease each other, see the joke in this silly, upside down world. :D

If we are all insane then a sane person is insane.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nakia,

It's just the water in New Jersey, it has that affect on people... :p hop in the car and take a ride to downtown Philly, South Street. Just seeing some of the characters that walk around there will make you laugh. Guaranteed!:)

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Done with school work for the semester and I'm currently preparing to move to another apartment next week. A lot of cleaning and packing needs to be done before.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    See...the problem with that is, I've no desire to go to Ohio or Chicago...ever. The Six Flags in NJ is close enough to take a fairly short train ride from NYC. I've no real desire to visit NJ either (their revoltingly obnoxious accents make me want to go on a murderous rampage! :flaming: ), but Great Adventure is close enough to NYC that travel isn't much of a concern...unless I drive down from Ithaca with my two nieces. :bad:

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kit, locals in NYC and North Jersey have the same accent. Heck, North Jersey is just an extension of NYC.

ION, I have been offered a job with the legal team at the current site that I work at. There are pros and cons with the jump, with the pors mostly being more money, better benefits and more oppurtunities. The cons, more work, more hours required, less time with my kids(most importantly), less gaming, less posting on SP:D, etc... tough choice ahead. Got a couple of weeks to mull it over....:confused:

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Clearly you're not from New York if you're saying that :p

13. Blades of Vanatar

Nope. I'm grew up living jsut North of Philly, between Philly and Trenton, NJ. but I spent alot of my life in Jersey. I can give the impartial/unbiased view...:D Note, I compared NYC to Jersey, not the rest of the state of NY... there is a distinct difference between NYCers and Upstate NYers.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hung over today. So far I spent the day doing slow work and listening to Sonic Youth.

15. Kitrax

Media:
    So apparently, the south hallway at work by my new locker is known for killing batteries. :skeptic: I thought my phone's battery was going bad because I would charge it overnight, and after only 3 hours in my locker, it would be on its last bar...even if I turned my cell radios off. :bad: There are some pretty huge electric motors on the other side of the wall...but it's hard to think that they're putting off that large of an electromagnetic field.

The sucky thing about my phone is, "off" isn't really off. It's more like standby. The only real way to turn it off is to remove the battery. :nolike:

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Which blackberry do you have? The Storm 2 has two options when you turn it off - one where it will turn back on (which is more of a standby, or else it would turn the inner clock off too), and the other where it won't turn back on unless you do, which I am assuming is a full shutdown. Is there something like that for your's?

17. Kitrax

Media:
    I've got the original BB Storm. If you press and hold the red end call button for ~5 seconds, it says it's shutting down. If the alarm has been set, then it will display the next "auto-on" time (which is the same time as the alarm) before shutting down. Either way, if you press the red button again, it turns back on...almost instantly. And when compared to the boot time after a battery pull, I *highly* doubt that neither the Storm nor the Storm 2 actually turn off. They may turn all radios off along with the screen and clear the active apps from the memory, but the OS has got to still be running.

In other, less technical news, I have my cat overnight and for most of tomorrow....which probably wasn't the best timing, seeing as how tomorrow is a holiday, and my cousin's devil children will be here. :bang:

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    *enters RBP and triggers the self-set falling hammer trap of Quit-dodging-work-lazybug!*

I knew the chandelier had a use besides dust sampling. Better get back to work.

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We've finally chosen carpets!

The insurance company said we could have £3100 to replace our floor after the flood we had a couple of months ago. However, the floor was real wood and we wanted carpet. Anyway, getting carpet only used half the budget the insurance gave us so they said we could use the rest on carpets for upstairs (which wasn't affected by the flood)!

It's great news because two of the bedrooms were laminate and one was lino and we were planning on replacing it anyway

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Are you at least getting real carpet? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.