1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    oh dang, I hadn't seen there was a new thread. I was wondering why everybody was so silent all of a sudden... :)

Today, I explained to my female boss why it would be a good idea to have another set of rims on the winter tires since it's said to wear the tires if you just take them off and put them on rims all the time. The funny thing is I know so little about cars, it's ridiculous. I felt like a 85 or 90 year old person explain to people the functionnalities of Facebook and Twitter... :lol:

2. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Awww... was gonna ask what you'd want in return, sweetie! :evil:

And LKD - I couldn't stop cracking up when reading your post. Luckily I'm at home now and don't have to worry about bothering the students who are actually there to study with my giggling.

Saber - knowing my luck, I'd get stuck jumping out the window and end up with something on the windowsill getting stuck on the belt loop of my jeans, causing them to pants me, and me showing the school what ought not to be seen in polite company :lol:

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Fell over putting the rubbish out :( hurt my arm, both knees, right foot, jarred my back and hit my mouth on the fence so I look like I've been punched in the face

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, if you insist on a reward, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement...

5. CelticDream

Media:
    Woohoo! :D

Ouch, you ok hon?

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Was he too drunk to walk?

7. Disciple of The Watch

My thoughts exactly.

ION, flying Air Durban again, as always, it's a blast. :lol: :hippy:

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Actually, Disciple, based on the one story you related about a year or so ago, I would have thought that your weapon of choice was a chain!

I hope that this fellow quits bothering you, CD -- it's a pity we're not all richer. You'd have about 20 guys from SP flying in, surrounding this guy and kicking the bejeesus out of him.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So I had to go to HR today to do some paperwork stuff. The chick and the broad that I normally have to deal with were out, so I had the pleasure of talking to the chick in charge of training. She's relatively new-ish...and very attractive. Well, as chance would have it, she forgot to do something with my career-path training thingy...in all honesty, I wasn't really paying attention to anything she was saying as I was eye F***ing the hell out of her. :yum: Best part is, I didn't see a ring on her finger... :love:

Two problems though...
    #1 - She's in HR. How do you go about asking a HR partner on a date?
    #2 - I can't quite place an age on her. She looks slightly older than me...but I've been wrong before. I wouldn't care if she was pushing 40 - I'd still <MUG material> and <more MUG material> and then I'd <too explicit for the MUG> her all night long! :bigeyes: The real problem is if she is indeed older than me, and not into younger guys. :bad:

10. Disciple of The Watch

Depends on my mood. Depends on who's on the receiving end. Depends on just how much I despise the person on the receiving end. Depends on how pissed off I am. Depends on how violent I feel. Depends on how much caffeine I had. Depends on how much fog there is. Lots of variables to consider, so my preferences shift depending on the aforementioned variables.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Meh. A pain in the neck is ... a pain in the neck.
    I could do without that. I need a new chair at my computer.

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Looks like I've damaged the ligaments in my foot AGAIN! I wouldn't have minded if I'd fallen when I was drunk but I was ferpectly boser

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If she's not into younger guys, no big deal. You won't find out until you ask. If she is.... it's Cougar Time! If you're lucky, she brings out the claws. ;)

14. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

COUGAR COUGAR COUGAR -- they beat TOGA every day of the week. Older women are AWESOME. GO KITRAX!!

On another note, I can't help but post this quote:

Amen.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You're not fooling anyone :D

Just kidding. Hope your foot heals quickly.

16. Silvery

Media:
    Thanks love

17. CelticDream

Media:
    Great... thanks to playing Dragon Age, and palling around with a certain elven assassin, when I think chains... I think of something that belongs in MUG lol.

ION - changed my college major again (3rd time's the charm!) and in doing so, realized that without even trying to, I've been setting myself up for this degree already and that I should actually end up graduating next year sometime, depending on how I decide to split the last load of classes after the Spring 2011 semester ends. Then I'll transfer from 2 yr college to 4 yr university and get either a bachelor's or master's in Liberal Arts in English - Creative Writing concentration.

Also, one of the things my doctor told me yesterday finally sunk in and talk about having a bit of a hard time dealing with it. I've been off my thyroid meds for almost two years, minus a month here and there when things have gotten so bad I've ended up in the ER due to a lack of ability to function. She told me that my thyroid levels, while not yet tested, have to be quite high and that it's caused me to be a bit tachycardic... gotta love it when your thyroid starts screwing with your heart. :cry: Worst part is, I pretty much have to suffer in silence because my parents are so into their own problems they didn't even hear what I said yesterday about my diagnosis... mom's too into her booze and dad's too into being pissed off at mom while looking forward to retiring in July when he's laid off. And to add insult to injury, had someone be very rude to me today about my weight... doctor even said that there's no point in trying to lose weight right now since it's all thyroid caused (when I told her how hard I'd been trying and gaining instead), and that once my thyroid levels out, I should start seeing a good bit of weight loss. Talk about going from a massive high (being excited about my change in education) to a very low low...

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I went to the pub with a buddy so watch a football match (Cologne won, even played well even!) and he kept me drinking. His motto yesterday was 'Half drunk is a waste of money'.

I am not hung over today. I drink too much then :nolike:

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    That's tough, CD. Hope your thyroid stabilises soon, at least.

School again on Monday. Time to start hoarding up crumbs of motivation and bits of willpower - at least enough to get me on the bus.

20. Silvery

Media:
    CD, there's always people here for you. We aren't much but we love ya xxx

ION, my foot has now gone blue...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.