1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] *sigh*

I can't really blame you guys this time because even dmc apparently forgot that any and all relationship discussions should take place in the MUG. Hopefully the memo's got around now.

Just for the record, this is really the last time. Relationship discussions outside the MUG, along with all the replies to the discussion starter, will be deleted from this point onwards. I'm really left with no choice here.

2. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Heh, the Finnish word for dragon is roughly translated as "salmon snake". Not that the word etymologically derives from the fish but rather from some old translation of a Scandinavian word for flying.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Stupid amazon.com and UPS. I'm waiting for my new car speakers to get here...UPS said that the box arrived in SLC *yesterday* in the wee hours of the morning. And yet, the 'estimated delivery date' is the 29th! So WTF is my box doing all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday? Oh, you know...just chillin' with all the other boxes in a massive warehouse. :bang:
    I realize that UPS doesn't deliver on Sat. or Sun....but WTF were they doing today that caused my box to just sit there - undelivered?!?! [​IMG]

On the other hand, it's still better than USPS. At least this time I have a tracking number that actually exists. :rolleyes:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Don't trust a company like UPS.

Because that's the sound they make when they drop it.

Apparently my facebook status saying text talk is just lazy and dumb has made me unpopular with my scottish relatives :lol:

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Actually, "UPS" is Danish for "OOPS". :D

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    "lohikäärme" (I've just learned to use google translate :D) "lohi" is salmon, right? That is incredibly cool.

Smoked salmon anyone? :grin:

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Round 2 with cat confrontation last night. Neighbor now realizes that if their stupid cat comes in my yard one more time, it will be sold to Happy Wok!

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Yummy! :yum:

9. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Be sure to let us know if it comes to that, as I'll need to make sure to avoid Happy Wok for a few months.

10. Kitrax

Media:
    Why? Cat tastes purrrrrfect! :rolleyes:

That reminds me of that old Weird Al song... :p

11. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You dare to touch the dive creatures in a wicked way.

Finally closed my new Acrylic case. This time I am going to cable manage it better. I got extra sleeving and a pin remover set.

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have sunburn! I managed to put sun-cream everywhere but missed one tiny patch on my shoulder and my ear is blistered :(

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, a bit of dirt on UPS...

My old buddies still working for Rogers told me multiple UPS stories. One of them was a customer who upgraded phones through retention (the very best way to get a sweet deal, regardless of the provider). The phone was shipped by UPS, and found it's way to the warehouse that is/was (can't remember) under construction. Security is very tight about access for UPS employees, but the construction workers were basically roaming unchecked. One of the employees tampered with a package, opening it through the bottom, snagged the phone within and retaped the box back together to make it look untampered. Imagine the surprise of the customer upon receiving an empty Blackberry box.

Rogers and UPS put the blame on each other, and about three months later, it was finally sorted out.

Moral of this story... FedEx is your best friend. Costs a pretty penny but absolutely worth it. Hell, I bought a charger for my old CrackBerry 5810, shipped out (from New York, for the record) at 8AM and on my doorstep at 1:30 the very same afternoon.

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Not necessarily. When the ex and I were still dating, a FedEx driver hit her parked car and then drove off. Lucky for her, a witness left a note on her car. The surveillance video also confirmed it. Also, when I ordered my last pair of headphones, the box was crushed and literally had a footprint on the back. I have never had any problems with UPS. Everything I buy from Newegg is shipped via UPS, and it almost always shows up a day (or more) earlier than expected. :thumb: This current package I'm waiting for is from Amazon. I also bought my phone case that USPS lost (remember that...it was only a few weeks ago) from Amazon. Hopefully this isn't the beginning of a trend against Amazon. :nolike:

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Kit, fair enough, but I never had any problems with FedEx. Back when I bought a lot on eBay, I went out of my way all that time to get it shipped with FedEx, uber-priority even at higher cost instead of freaking USPS/Canada Post. Blargh! Those f****** LOST a package of mine, which I eventually got after a month and a half. Oh and dig that, I sent a postal money order once, I got it back like five months later with the "Return to Sender" label. Err, WTF? It was a valid US address, seriously, WTF?

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The more those systems are modernized and computerized the harder it is for irregularities to be solved.

The pin remover has arrived.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  17. Kitrax

Media:
    /facepalm

I gave in to the urge to drive up to Evanston, WY to get....

Booze!!! :yum:
    [​IMG]

And...

Less than legal (in Utah) Fireworks!!! :love:
    [​IMG]

I know I should have saved my money for my upcoming NYC trip...but boys will be boys and all that. :shake:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Don't drink and light! :lol: Would hate to lose a community member!

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Ummm...I guess I shouldn't tell you about the times we've shot Roman Candles at each other... :xx: It doesn't really hurt...but it's loud as F**K! :eek:

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    So if you don't blow yourself up, at least you will be deaf and unable to hear us say "We told you so!" :p

/remembers all the **** I used to do with fireworks, including stuff that had to be smuggled in from Sweden because it's illegal here...

Errr... :o maybe I shouldn't admonish anyone... :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.