1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Depends on the budget for CGI or Saber can go all "nouvelle vague" on that one. No CGI but you can fill the dialogue with cryptic references to Existentialism. ;)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've accepted a half-shift tomorrow... I can use the extra cash.

Why in the blue hell would someone WANT to do that? French sucks!

3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Like Jules said to Vincent in Pulp Fiction : That is where you and me differ...

:)

4. Disciple of The Watch

And like DotW said Tri in RBP -- Damn straight we differ. Have that worthless language and worthless province... I'll just be exiting it as soon as I can.

5. Caradhras

Media:
    One should learn as many languages as possible, such knowledge opens one's mind. Words are the key to freedom.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Maybe so, Cara, but what if you were forcefully raised in a culture and a language you did NOT wanted to be in/learn? I ALWAYS wanted to attend English school, but tough luck when stuck with a bunch of F'N proud French-Canadians for a family. Unlike the rest of those wankers, I'm proud of my English roots, very much so... they didn't understand that. As for the culture... I absolutely despise Quebec, and I'd rather slice my throat with a dull razor blade than remain here for the rest of my life. The rest of the wankers (hereby refering to my family) can remain in the language and culture they're so proud of, I'll just bail out to the Motherland as soon as I possibly can.

7. Caradhras

Media:
    I can understand that you are resentful but you're not a kid anymore and now you are free to make your own choices. Still, you should see the good things and not just the bad. Being fluent in two languages is not a bad thing and should you choose to, you could consider your knowledge of the French language to be an asset and not the symbol of a personal failure. You're lucky enough to master both French and English. It's not such a bad thing.

As for the rest, well, as we say in Fench: c'est la vie...

[meaning that's life for the non French speakers on the Boards]

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm....it appears to be raining. Again. -.- I think it stopped twice during the day...right after I stepped back into the building after lunch, and once right after I walked into the store later on. :bad:

Meh, I'd rather be at work during all this crappy weather. Hopefully this weekend will be sweet! :kneel:

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Does anyone else remember that God-awful song by those denim-clad poison dwarfs?

10. Caradhras

Media:
    I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about and to be frank I don't think I want to know. :)

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It was some Irish girl band. Not pleasent

DotW, I've always found any man speaking French kinda sexy so don't go kicking it aside just yet :p

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If you want to speak to a man and not understand what he's saying in response you can get that easily enough in english :p

13. Silvery

Media:
    There's a difference between not understanding and not listening :lol:

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] That's your own problem then if you're not willing to listen :shake:

Kev and I have had almost two months in constant company with each other. Day and Night, apparently I'm supposed to have gone insane by now.

15. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Why is it that the unhealthier a food is, the more tasty it is?

16. Caradhras

Media:
    That's a law of nature. Still, it doesn't mean that the opposite is necessarily true.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Anything nice is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. ;)

18. Silvery

Media:
    You forgot perverted!

Put a photo of Ashley and me on my profile but may be showing a bit too much breasticle

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG]
    :doh:

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Is it speaking French or speaking English with a French accent?

Because I've spent years working hard on my accent so I wouldn't sound French when speaking English. Now, I've got a British accent with a major Scottish influence and that's darn sexy if you ask me. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.