1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yet another mod suggestion query

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Harbourboy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    UB adds a cut Minsc quest, for starters. Someone steals Boo. Quest Pack adds a lot of stuff. You get the chance to betray Renal Bloodscalp and side with Mae'var if you want. You can betray Edwin to Rayic Gethras, if you want. In chapter 6 you are given the chance to wipe out Aran Linvail's guild. You know longer have to be a patsy to the harpers with their quest. You can simply tell them that Xzar wants you to go in and find Montarron and they will help you. There are several (small) brand new quests added to the game as well. You don't have to start a new game, but you might miss a little bit of content if you don't. The readme files of both these mods are very carefully documented and all the components are optional so you don't have to install everything.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I think I'll just stick with Ease of Use and Unfinished Business as they seem to change more than enough of the game.

My next challenge will be how to build a successful party around a Cleric / Ranger . . . and Aerie. Plus, I will now have to keep Minsc (for a little while at least) in order to do his new quest!

3. abel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you're doing romance don't forget to add npc flirtpack ^^b It makes the romance so much more fun.

For something different I would suggest Beyond The Law which is excellent even though it is still in beta. Adds a sense of urgency to the game, some interesting battles (nowhere near tactics there so no worry there), excellent dialogues etc. Pity though that being beta it currently ends just before you fight irenicus, so if this might be the only time you are going to play bg2 again it is probably not what you are looking for. Still though, it's highly recommended ^^b

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The absolute last thing I am going to do is load anything that is still in beta. I'm only going with stuff that you guys have played successfully for a year and still like.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    THere are a few I always add just to spice things up a bit without changing the game much.

* Flirt Pack - allows you to 'flirt' with members of your party, sounds lame but can be well funny
    * Banter Back - adds more banters and speeds the existing banters up, so you get to see most of them
    * Dungeon-Be-Gone - gives you a ticket out of Iren's Dungeon at the beginning of the game (once you've done it once, you've done it a thousand times)

I don't usually do anything else with it then. Except a few things out of EoU and maybe add Kelsey, as he's a brilliantly executed NPC I reckon. Try him out.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.