1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo till the end?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lokken, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

my hardrive crashed and I had to reinstall everything. Finding my password for SP as well in some old mail. Though most is fine now :)

and I'm going to test ending ToB with Yoshimo in my party in the weekend, so we finally get a straight answer.

I think the game will crash, but let's wait and see

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 13, 2001).]

2. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There is no ending storyline for Yoshimo in ToB. If you don't belive me check the Throne of Bhaal Endings FAQ at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php. There is an ending storyline for every NPC excepted Yoshimo.

[Don't link to other sites for stuff you can find at SP!] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited September 13, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

well that's what I'm saying... in the very first post as well.

And I did post all the epilogues in some earlier topic here, so I'm well aware, though the only "evidence" for it not being there, is because no one has found any.

I just wondered because I couldn't understand why you're able to choose him from the summoning spirit thingy

[EDIT]
    Oh, damn, forgot I needed to reinstall the game too... *sigh*

I'll look into it when I get time, if someone else wants to check it out, please do and make a post about the result (even if nothing happened)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 13, 2001).]

4. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] plz, no more yoshimo topics.......
    hes a goner after chapter 4 orso
    GET OVER IT!

5. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Sorry Kev et al...

But a lot of us miss the chance of a single class thief that we can progress. Yoshi (had he stayed and lived) would have been perfect.

What I did was start off as a multi game and created my own Yoshi (pretty easy if you know his stats etc). It worked pretty well. You could even add the Yoshi voicesets (I don`t know how). Well worth doing i can assure you. I had a nicely balanced party at games end and Yoshi with his use any item ability (another reason for a single class thief) was excellent for traps, missile fire, thief abilities, scouting, as an emergency fighter and reading scrolls (almost an additional mage).

He Rocks my friends...just accept it!!!

6. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

in general thieves rock :)
    tho the bounty hunter is not a specifically charming kit imo. If his special traps bypassed magic resistance...

Anyways this time I'm keeping yoshi around :) Too bad he won't get a nice funeral :p

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I read that if you take him to the top of Watcher's Keep before chapter 4 and then return there after defeating Jonnie you will find him on the top of Watcher's Keep. Hmmm...

And I just found out spoilers.
    With the Tortures Sould mod, you get to keep Yoshi since he is "freed from the geas" if you do the mod section in "Kara-Tur"... So I guess you can keep him until the end...

[ December 05, 2002, 01:41: Message edited by: Khazraj ]

8. Malevar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] (Could be a Sarevok spoiler)

Yoshimo? Yoshimo is a traitor, he tricked the bhaalspawn once, and he surely would again! But really, I never liked Yoshimo. He was some silly bounty hunter or whatever who died all the time, reminded me of khalid in BG 1: "Better part of valor, better part of valor!" as he ran away with 25% hp... I'm glad they killed of that wuss Khalid, and also his substitute Yoshimo. The only true NPC's you need are Minsc and Sarevok. I always wanted to be Sarevok and not the goodytwoshoes Bhaalspawn... Sarevok had style, he slew Gorion, and fought for his beliefs. The Bhaalspawn ruined it all... Anyway, I'm getting Throne of Bhaal Tomorrow, and can't wait to get Sarevok with me, and have him swear alliance to goodness... Anyway, death to Yoshimo and Khalid, Long live Minsc and Sarevok!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.