1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You know you've played Dragon Age too much when...

Discussion in 'Dragon Age: Origins' started by CelticDream, May 23, 2010.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

When you incorporate you daily exercise program while playing DAO.

2. BlazingWithPower Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When Rucks mother (forgot her name) say "I don't suppose your ancestor reside in the stone" you find in absolutely hilarious, but can figure out why. I think its just the way she says it.

You're afraid that "Your-ah gonna' fall into dah sky"

You twirl your pike.

You fondle your breasts and sway seductively while talking to people (I've counted 3 NPCs so far who grabbed themselves in cut scenes, the desire demon, brood mother, and a warewolf. The only one that offended me was the brood mother. It looks like my great aunt.)

You lose sleep over where Morrigan went with your child.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have to sheepishly admit, when the desire demon did this during my harrowing, I found it a little steamy. I must truly be a sick person.

You mean, this doesn't really happen?? What a relief!

:lol:

4. BlazingWithPower Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, for a computer generated demon on last gen graphics, the desire demon is pretty hot. Makes you wonder why there aren't more abominations running around.

I'm also kind of surprised Faux News didn't do some kind of "Your children are going to be possessed by naked devil-spawn women" special or something. Guess they were too busy photo shopping Obama's head into Nazi propaganda posters. But, I digress.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I remember reading about a huge controversy surrounding the male romance with Zevran. It seems that the mere possibility of a cutscene with a randy bisexual elf really irked some people more than all the gore and violence.

Which brings me to the next item on the list:

33. when you start hoping for a mod that will make beheading more fun by allowing severed heads to actually fall to the ground so your party members could have a game of football with them.

and...

34. when you spend half an hour just slapping Morrigan. :D

6. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    It happened during your harrowing? None of my PC's had a desire demon in their harrowing... rage demon, yes, desire demon? Nope... sure you're not confused with going into the fade to save Connor? :shake:

7. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think you're right CD. Too many trips to the Fade to keep them all straight, hehe.

8. CelticDream

Media:
    The fade is the one place I really don't like, whatsoever.

But here's another way you know you've played too much DAO:

You dream about your party members, and the one who shows up most often tends to be the one your PC is romancing at the time...

When you can't play the game for long stretches of time you hope that your party is doing OK without you...

You've actually joined the masses in starting your own fan fiction as a way to keep the story alive after both Origins and Awakening epilogues

9. Caradhras

Media:
    I've replayed the Mage origin (giving this class a second chance I don't like Mages that much) and I can confirm what CD said.

Another one for the list:

38) your override folder is larger than 4 gigabytes...

10. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

39 ) You have 100% award/medal achievement and wish it was only at 5%.

40) You are starting to create your PC for DA2.

11. Caradhras

Media:
    41) you have more than 2,000 screenshots (and I mean more).

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

42) You have completed the game 5+ times and have not taken the time to take a screen shot because you enjoy the game so much.

13. Caradhras

Media:
    On the PC the temptation is overwhelming, not to mention that the game can be set to take screenshots of the story as it unfolds without ever having to hit the print screen button. :D

14. Marceror

Media:
    43) You have 88 of 96 possible achievements

15. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 44) You don't want your girlfriend and her friends to see the sexy outfits your party is wearing, so you randomly browse the Dragon Age Wiki instead.

16. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

45) Ran out of HD space to create your own DAO stories for each playthrough

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 14 seconds later... ----------

46 When you have two PS3 and both are used at least 3 times a week to play DAO...

17. Caradhras

Media:
    How much HD space do you have on your console MB? (Just to have an idea). ;)

18. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I don't know how to capture the pictures on the PS3. I don't even think it is possible. If I had the game on my PC, which has a 250GB HD, it would have been all used up by now. :)

As for the PS3's one is the original 60GB that came out in 2006 and the other is the newer 120GB slim model.

19. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

You know you played too much DAO when you plan to take a full day off from work to play DAII

20. CelticDream

Media:
    Can't take the day off because I'm in the middle of clinicals to become a certified nursing assistant or believe me, I would.

Here are some more:

You spend your time browsing deviantArt and looking at DA fan art and have over five pages of favorites of said fan art.

You have a lot of bookmarks saved linking you to people's fan-fiction for DA.

You've written a good handful of your own fan-fiction AND have commissioned artwork to go along with it.

You've already started an outline of your Hawke's personality and planned out who they're romancing so you can have a head start on their fan-fiction once the game is released.

You keep playing the demo over and over because you can't get enough of DA2 and it's not even out yet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.