1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You Know You've Played Too Much BG2 When...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Steppenwolf, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

2. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Oh, god... The urge is comin' back. Must...play...BG2... :D

Anyhow:

When you call your your hamster Boo, and your rat or cockroach Imoen :rolleyes:.

3. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

When you Hamster has babies and you call them Boolets

ok that one isnt that great not like.

you know you addicted when you can spell Nizidramanii'yt, (but you were hooked before then weren't you)

Nizidramanii'yt likes this.
  4. Leverage87 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

-You know your addicted when you find a knife in the sewer, ask it for advice, and wield it feeling safe in the knowledge that this knife will protect your brain from intruders

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

When you start playing other games and can leave BG2 behind. :)

6. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

I know I've played too much because I understand what you are referring to!

you know you have played too much because you wonder if wikipedia is right to say that Lilarcor and Vin Diesel are both Chaotic Evil.

7. Elfen Lied

Yeh me too, not that I see anything wrong with that, who wouldn't want a knife than protects your brain from intruders.

you know you've played too much BGII when you see squirrels, you throw nuts.

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    You know you've played too much BG2 when you see the intro.

Sorry, I just really don't like this game :p BG1 forever!

9. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You say: "Okay, nobody do anything rash." Whenever people are disagreeing....

When getting hurt you think, "Damage Taken: 12"

10. Elfen Lied

You took some serious damage, you better rest for 8 hours.

11. blob Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

when you compare every single game you play with bg2. God, bg2 is just perfect for me. Must... resist... installing... bg2... again... or there goes my life again!

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    So you sleep for 10 hours, wake up with bruises and wonder why noone cast their healing spells on you.

Caradhras likes this.
  13. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Hehe this is just so true :p

14. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

When you loose intrest in math class and half fall a sleep but start speaking...
    Where am I? This is a dream. A dream of many thing things. Of the past DO you remember them. Gorion or any of the others? They were the guidence. I don't remember any of you. Do remember Seravock? He sought your death and mine. But something seems so much closer. Do you remember me?

She clings to past as if it actually matters. None of this is real yet. Accept the gifts offered to you. But the consequences are so very real. Accept the gifts offerded to you or live with the innocent that died because of you.
    Or something like that.(Its been awhile).

Thinking you can reload after making a fool of yourself.

Thinking you can take on anyone by turing into the slayer for but a faction of your soul.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:

Well, if you're scrounging around in sewers, you probably have an addiction/affliction unrelated to BG2. ;)

16. underthewronghat Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

You know you've played too much BG when:

You rate women on a (charisma) scale of three to eighteen instead of the classic one to ten...

You brag about becoming proficient at texting with your off-hand, so you can still drive and shift with your main-hand...

Although you've long since moved over to 3rd ed D&D rules, you still keep the 2nd ed books by the computer... :rolleyes:

17. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

LOL! And can you spell the other dragons? Firkraag is obviously easy, but

you really played too much when you can spell Trax'syllvania or something. (i forgot, shame on me and kudos to the member that remembers :D)

18. Elfen Lied

Thaxll'ssillya is the Shadow Dragon in the temple ruins.

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    You know it when:

... you start dreaming in infinity engine graphics, then wake up and head straight for the computer, to get back to real life...

... "Minsc and Boo stand ready" is a way you greet your non-English speaking relatives...

... you start picking numbered conversation options in your head every time you speak to someone...

... you start casting Magic Missile... and Magic Missile only... just to hear how they sound

... you're halfway through a maths exam, and all you can think of is that you REALLY need to start with a new party, so you write their names on your exam papers, plan it all out, and than leave... exam unfinished.

O, who am I kidding. I'm still playing... And I'm loving it.:)

20. Elfen Lied

I did something somewaht similiar, was in Physics class, got bored, ended up working on a party, right down to their proficiencies, err and backstories.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.