1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You Know You've Played Too Much BG2 When...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Steppenwolf, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    With crappy voice? with crappy voice!?

I'll have you know David Warner has an excellent voice, and makes a great bad guy.

2. Eche Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When encountering the school bully, you instinctively move your thumb down, as if to press space, so you can prepare for battle.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You really think that lurking in the shadows indeed gives you invisibility.

4. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

. . . when you refer to your new football boots as "Football Boots of Ronaldo's Skills +3".

5. theGodless Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Media:
    When you ditch your friends claming you have no room for them in your party

When you use cartboard to make your very own "Dragonscale Armor"

When you call your house your Stronghold

or When you know all of spellholds riddles word by word

6. Scythe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

... when your dog is called Minsc, your cat Yoshimo and your twins Jan and Jon.

7. maipai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When you go around saying "Butt-kicking for justice!" I actually did this for a couple of years.

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

When you start assigning 2nd Ed. classes and kits to pretty much everyone you see around you...I do this all the time. :D

9. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When you actually start saying; aye, nay, oi, mayhap, ye, etc. (umm, I actually do that...)

When you get pissed off at the amount of noise you make when you walk and curse your low 'move silently' skill.

When you try to buy old-fashioned leather boots to increase your stealth.

When you try saving before a test so you can reload if you do crappy, but remember you can't.

10. Deuce Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

When you never invite more then 5 friends to your parties

And if none of them show up, throw the party anyway and call it soloing . . .

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

When you call your pet cat "familiar" and try to make it pickpocket things.

When the amount of mods you've played are larger than the original game.

12. theGodless Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Media:
    When you spend a week in your basement trying to develop infravision

When you search the periodic system for Adamantium and Mihtril

when you have read all of the ingame books including "History of the North"

When you belive that when you die you get to see a cool movie

And when you're drunk you honestly belive everybody else is using the spell mirror image

Is this tread getting old? I cant tell

PS you can't really play to much BG2

13. Pelle Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] When u start to daydreaming about Viconia
    DeVir and realize that u are in love whit her :rolleyes:

14. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When you believe that most people are not happy enough...and you are going to change that!

When you have a sudden urge to tickle those sad people, even if they have every reason to be sad.
    (happened to me. Though they were not THAT sad)

When you imagine what it would be like, to carry your bow and arrow around with you...
    (happened to me too. It's just that it is a sport bow, and quite expensive...Mmmh...somewhere I must still have that cheap bow from the fair...)

I actually do that all the time...I already know by heart which of my shoes are silent, which are just silent on some surfaces (and I know exactly which surfaces those are), and which are hopelessly loud.

I have thought about that...

15. Lutheo Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

When you go hiking and pick up shiny rocks in hopes of upgrading you're walking staff later...

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] ... when you have had a dream - a dream of hanging out in the Tree of Life with fellow students, Jonny shows up and you try to cast the crappy cleric spell "Magical Stone" at him. :( (To no avail, of course.)

17. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Jazhara7 - :) It happens all the time to me, hence why I posted it; now I know I'm not the only one . I actually bought mocasins that act like shoes, they aren't any boots, but close enough. :rolleyes: I also memorized which floor boards don't sqeek in my room... a tip for squeeky stairs, sometimes if you walk on the sides then they won't squeek because they are less worn there and are more solid there aswell :D

When you recognize BG2 bird sounds in movies and outside.

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    When you get that weird feeling about levelling up: no kidding I even heard that chime!

When you start commenting on your To Hit rolls in public or say that you've failed your saving throw while standing in a line with regular people...

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

When you're cornered in an arguement and look for a dialogue option.

When you contemplate people's alignment.

When you're walking in the woods, hear some noise and go for your sword, but remember you don't have one. Then you make a mental note to get one.

When you're walking in the woods, hear a noise and you actually pull out a sword.

20. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

When you contemplate the alignments of the characters on Melrose Place!

(For the record, I had Amanda as Lawful Evil, Jake as Chaotic Good, Sydney as Chaotic Neutral, Allison as Lawful Good, and Kimberley quite clearly as Chaotic Evil. ;) )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.