1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You Know You've Played Too Much BG2 When...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Steppenwolf, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

When you try to build a cardboard golem as adamantite is not available in your area.

When you restart many times as the same character (how many times have I been an elven assassin?)

When you swear that you heard that middle aged woman accross the street say to you "I'm a fine looking strumpet!" or

"would you like ta see me diddies"

2. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you you hunting, you attack animals from behind with knife, shouting: "To battle, and victory!"

When someone taps you to back, you punch him unconscious, and steal his clothes. :D

3. Caen Jade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When you start attacking every bald white guy with facial piercings you see with cries of "You kidnapped my sister." and "Give back my essence."

4. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

.. you're playing (gasp!) some other game like SMAC and you've researched almost the whole tech tree, but the remaining factions are still trying to attack you with vastly inferior units, and you find yourself intoning: "Your pathetic magics are useless. Let this end!"

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    You're all itchy and start screaming that you've contracted the Calish*te itch.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Your dreams consist of you playing BG2, and when you wake up, you feel like you have wrapped the game.

7. Shelyid-the-stupid-apprentice Gems: 1/31

when you start looking for options in conversations with friends. I.E: 'good morning'
    'now, where the hell's the damn link so i can say "hail" back'?

A

8. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

You call your girlfriend Viconya.

9. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

You tell anyone who asks that you have two sisters, one who was born in Ann Arbor and one who was brought up in Candlekeep on the Sword Coast.

10. Osiris Gems: 1/31

You and your friends are standing in a school hallway, playing out a battle using pencils as weapons and the thought of you looking stupid doesn't cross your mind.

11. Twitch7475 Gems: 1/31

When you challenge the people working at the Rennisance Fair to duels and tell the magician that "his pathetic magics are useless"

When you make wooden swords to practice your duel wielding skills

12. Osiris Gems: 1/31

Done that.

You pray to *insert BG deity of choice here* for something to happen and the Forgotten Realms to be real.

You try to get your husband/wife to change his/her name to Jaheira/Viconia/Aerie/Anomen.

You officially change your name to that of your character and none of your friends have problems with that.

You search the web to find a map that would lead you to Amn/Sword Coast.

You shave your head, cut your face, paint a blue circle onto your head and get a hamster, which you name Boo, and go around talking about kicking the butt of all that is evil.

You get a tailor to make you a set of clothes that exactly matches the one worn by your PC.

13. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Heh, I've already decided that's what I'll ask God when I die. ;)

14. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If there was a heaven, do you think it would be the Sword Coast? I wish...

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You tell people you are not small but you are a halfling/dwarf/gnome

You want a Calm****e concubine.

16. Osiris Gems: 1/31

Every night you find an inn to sleep and eat.

You print out the portrait of your favorite character and carry it around in your wallet.

You have dreams like the ones in the game.

You program all of Lilarcor's lines into your pen/watch/any other common object and make it shout them at random.

When having a conversation, you scream out of surprise, because you're not used to hearing your voice.

You try to replace your phone's hard drive with a bigger one so that you can install BG2 on it and play it whenever you like.

You hear the background music everywhere you go.

You find a pouch and open it, hoping to find a weapon or piece of armor in there.

17. Pelle Gems: 1/31

Viconia my Viconia I kill a dragon for u.....

18. Atorian Paladin Gems: 1/31

lol, when someone asks you a yes or no question, you answer in 'yay' or 'nay'

and when your watching the search for the holy grail, instead of hearing "good sir robin ran away, he ran away he did, you here good sir garrick ran away..."

after playing the original baldrs gate, you think that Shadows of Amn is the most beutiful thing youve ever seen. (graphics wise of course)

when you pull the papers out of your notebooks, and roll them up and tie them so they will be like a scroll.

When you go to a rock store, and look for a rouges stone.

when your hunting, with a bow, you wish that it was an elven court bow from myth drannor.

when you enter into conversations in a Tolkinien dialect

when you quote Lilicicor, but always refer to it as Lilicor +3.
    when you download the soundtrack of SoA and burn a cd to listen to.

When you record on a taoe the phrases of the npc's and party members so that you can learn to talk like them.

When you call your horendous handwriting not bad english, but beautiful Netherim

when you swear that a holographic light show stole the idea from color spray.

When you have a nightmare, you are chased by Jon and Serevok.

When you do something bad, and are asked why, you say, my daddies gonna lay some divine ass whippin on you.

When you get happy after looking at Jahieras picture.

[ February 25, 2005, 18:17: Message edited by: Atorian Paladin ]

19. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

What was it for me ? No, nothing original, I just began to see dialogue options everywhere... :D

20. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

whoa. Guys, how long have you been playing BG? (or how long did you?)

'cause I've never done things like you guys posted. except the one time, when I realize pushing space bar to stop the game while playing Warcraft 2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.